There is a bit of a discrepancy regarding the birth year of Thomas Almond Cardwell. His death certificate notes a birth year of 1898. Yet, his World War I draft registration card notes a birth year of 1897. Both sources give the birth month and day of 11 May. Both also state Thomas' birth place was Gonzales, Texas.
Thomas was (records suggest) the last son born to William Alexander Cardwell and Edna Katherine "Kate" Lincecum. He married Ella M. Sinclair 14 April 1923 in Bexar County, Texas. This was just three weeks before Thomas' older brother Percy married Emma Kate Lankford, also in Bexar County. Thomas and Ella divorced sometime between 1940 and 1951.
Thomas A. Cardwell died 26 March 1951 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas. He was laid to rest the next day in Mission Burial Park.
- Census: 8 June 1900 / Gonzales, Gonzales County, Texas
- Census: 19 April 1910 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Address: June 1918 / 345 Bill Green St., San Antonio, Texas
- Census: 5 January 1920 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Occupation: April 1930 / Clerk, City Tax Collector at Bexar County, Texas
- Census: 14 April 1930 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Residence: April 1935 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Occupation: April 1940 / Clerk, County Courthouse at Bexar County, Texas
- Census: 12 April 1940 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Address: abt 1951 / 401 Broadway, San Antonio, Texas
- Occupation: abt 1951 / Salesman at Bexar County, Texas
Sources available upon request.
- Description of Thomas on his WWI draft registration card, dated 5 June 1918: tall, slender, dark brown eyes, and dark brown hair.
- Per his death certificate, Thomas died "inroute" to hospital on 26 March 1951. He was divorced. Brother Percy A. Cardwell was informant. Cause of death: Coronary Occlusion. (Likely a heart attack caused by blockage.)
Take all mistakes as good wishes.