As you might imagine, Bobbie was sometimes assumed to be short for Robert. This happened on at least one occasion that I have found. She was noted as Robert Lyncicum in the 1860 Rapides Parish, Louisiana Federal census. Other names/spellings I've come across include Barbry Lincecum and Bobby Lenccrem. For the 1920 Grant Parish, Louisiana Federal census, the taker left off "Mrs." and noted her as G. B. Stark.
According to a Louisiana Compiled Marriage Index at Ancestry, Bobbie Lincecum married George Starks 18 November 1881 in Grant Parish. This may or may not be accurate, however, since the couple's first-born child is noted on occasion of having the birthdate of 5 October 1881.
George Breckenridge Starks was born about April 1860 in Louisiana. He was the third child and second son of Christian Starks (1825-1902) and Rebecca Nugent (1839-1928). Oftentimes, George is noted to have the birthdate of 8 September 1861 – it's even on his tombstone. However, I go with "about April 1860" because George can be found in that year's census taken in August with an age of 4/12.
George was usually occupied as a farmer, and he and Bobbie spent most of their lives in Grant Parish, Louisiana.
George Breckenridge Starks was "ambushed and assassinated" on 14 March 1914 in Grant Parish (more on that is in another post). Bobbie did not marry again, and died 13 July 1949 in Rapides Parish. Both were buried in Lincecum Cemetery at Grant Parish.
According to the 1910 Grant Parish, Louisiana Federal census, Bobbie had nine children (seven living). I can only account for eight children, and I don't have firm death dates for the two who supposedly died before April 1910.
Children of Bobbie Lincecum and George Breckenridge Starks:
- Willie Clay Starks, b. abt 1882 in Louisiana, m. Leona Wheat, d. 22 February 1934 in Louisiana
- Daniel D. Starks, b. abt February 1883 in Louisiana
- Nancy V. Starks, b. abt September 1886 in Louisiana
- George Washington Starks, b. 26 August 1889 in Louisiana, m. Laflore Adele Atwell abt 1917, d. 31 March 1969
- Neatie R. Starks, b. March 1892 in Louisiana
- John Oliver Starks, b. 23 August 1894 in Louisiana, m. Annie Wilson, d. 27 July 1977
- Bessie M. Starks, b. 1896-1897 in Louisiana
- Beulah Belle Starks, b. 1902 in Louisiana, m. (1) Arther Capps, (2) Harold Herbert Hines, (3) Jewell Wesley Proctor 1968 in Texas, d. 25 May 1999 in Texas
Sources available upon request. Take all mistakes as good wishes.
Note: George and Bobbie were young teenagers at the time of the Colfax Riot, an event that took place not far from their homes.