On one occasion, I found George's surname written as Bingham. Other than that, it's pretty consistent in records. Many researchers have George's middle initial standing for Patton. I have only personally seen his full name written out once, and the middle initial stood for Pinkney. This was from a death certificate for a son, in which a grandson of George's was supposed to have provided the information.
My attempts at getting a source for "Patton" have been unsuccessful. Would someone in the know care to share?
Ardenia Tennessee "Tinnie" Lincecum (1865-1940), daughter of L. W. C. Lincecum and Tennessee M. Levy, on 3 August 1882 at Williamson County, Texas. The couple had seven children, six of which were – Lee Hugh, Robert Monroe, James Luke, Sallie Ann, William Nix, and Belle.
George's older brother, Rufus Monroe "Rufe" Bigham, also married into the Lincecum family when he wed Ardenia's older sister Sallie.
George P. Bigham died 7 January 1930 at Temple, Bell County, Texas. Cause of death was noted as "Bright's Disease," and he was buried at Lancaster Cemetery.
- Census: 18 June 1860 / Belton, Bell County, Texas
- Occupation: June 1880 / Raising Stock at Bell County, Texas
- Census: 11 June 1880 / Bell County, Texas
- Occupation: June 1900 / Farmer at Bell County, Texas
- Census: 9 June 1900 / Bell County, Texas
- Occupation: May 1910 / Farmer at Bell County, Texas
- Census: 2 May 1910 / Bell County, Texas
- Census: 13 January 1920 / Bell County, Texas
- Occupation: January 1930 / Retired Farmer at Bell County, Texas
- Address: January 1930 / 11 South 7th Street, Temple, Bell County, Texas
Sources available upon request.