Edna Katherine Lincecum was born 30 September 1866 in Washington County, Texas to Lachaon Joseph and Elizabeth (O'Banion?) Lincecum. She most often went by "Kate." I've seen her referenced as "Katie" once – in a marriage index which states Katie Lincecum married Willie A. Cardwell 20 January 1892 in Caldwell County, Texas.
The marriage date carries with it a bit of contention, though, since census records suggest Katie and Willie had at least two children prior to that date. I suppose the children could belong to another union. I don't know at this point. The four children I have ascribed to Kate and William are as follows: Lottie Kate, William E., Percy A., and Thomas A. (also known as "Tom").
Edna Katherine Cardwell died 1 March 1945 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas. She was laid to rest at Mission Burial Park. I have requested a photo of a grave marker via FindAGrave.
- Census: 28 September 1870 / Burton, Washington County, Texas
- Census: 3 June 1880 / Williamson County, Texas
- Census: 8 June 1900 / Gonzales, Gonzales County, Texas
- Census: 19 April 1910 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Residence: 1920-1945 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Census: 5 January 1920 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Census: 14 April 1930 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Residence: April 1935 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Census: 12 April 1940 / San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
- Address: abt 1945 / 419 Harding Pl., San Antonio, Texas
- Occupation: abt 1945 / Housewife at Bexar County, Texas
Sources available upon request.
- Edna's son Percy A. Cardwell was the informant listed on her death certificate. Cause of death: Generalized Arteriosclerosis with marked secondary anemia.