I'm following my ahnentafel report for my Surname Saturday posts. Here are the theories on my Turners going back several generations. To be perfectly honest, much of this information is from other researchers in the form of gedcoms and printed heritage books. All of the following data is not proven.
26. Michael C. Peavy is the son of Littleton Dickson Peavy and Ann Mims. He was born on 13 Jan 1835 in Perry, Houston, Georgia, USA. He died on 20 Nov 1907 in Johnson, Georgia, USA.
27. Sarah Ann Rebecca Turner is the daughter of James Wilson Turner and Lephvicia Carrington. She was born on 05 Oct 1852 in Washington, Georgia, USA. She died on 11 Aug 1901 in Sandersville, Washington County, Georgia.
Michael C. Peavy married Sarah Ann Rebecca Turner on 09 Oct 1870 in Hancock County, Georgia. They had 8 children: Henry L. Stevens (1872-1940), D. Bose (d. 1954), Charles Greene (1874-1939), Lee Andrew (1880-1936), Willie Long (b. 1883), John Otha (1887-1940), Ophelia Lugean (1890-1958), and Sallie Mae (1892-1962).
[Note: Lee Andrew married into another TURNER line when he married Isabel Turner on 9 December 1906 in Washington County, Georgia.]
54. James Wilson Turner is the son of Wilson Turner and Nancy Herring. He was born on 31 Jul 1822 in Baldwin County, Georgia. He died on 23 Oct 1905 in Washington, Georgia, USA.
55. Lephvicia Carrington is the daughter of Carrington / Kennington and Nancy. She was born on 18 Jul 1826 in Georgia. She died on 18 Jun 1893.
James Wilson Turner married Lephvicia Carrington on 18 Jul 1850 in Wilkinson County, Georgia. They had 12 children: William Wilson (1851-1933), Sarah Ann Rebecca (1852-1901), Richard Thomas (d. 1929), Charles (b. abt. 1855), Judith Lavicia Ann (d. 1930), James Carl (1859-1938), Martillus W. (1859-1948), Theodosia Jackson (b. 1862), Joseph R. (b. 1864), John R. (1866-1936), Lee Andrew (1868-1876), and Perry Thomas (b. abt. 1872).
108. Wilson Turner is the son of Sampson Turner and Mary Turner. He was born Bet. 1799–1800 in Hancock County, Georgia.
109. Nancy Herring was born Bet. 1805–1807 in Georgia. She died Bet. 1860–1880.
Wilson Turner married Nancy Herring on 20 Jul 1820 in Georgia. They had 8 children: James Wilson (1822-1905), Martillus Drummond (1824-1911), John Lee (d. 1904), Alexander Washington (d. 1864), Jonathan Jackson E. (b. abt. 1832), Joseph R. (b. abt. 1836), Rebecca C. (d. 1909), and Nancy A. (b. 1840).
216. Sampson Turner is the son of Daniel Turner. He was born 1759 in Maryland, USA. He died Bef. 1805 in Hancock County, Georgia.
217. Mary Turner is the daughter of Zadoc Turner and Sabra Hicks. She was born on 10 Mar 1763 in Maryland, USA. She died on 17 Dec 1850 in Hancock County, Georgia.
[This is where two TURNER lines merge in my family.]
Sampson Turner and Mary Turner had 2 children: Wilson (b. bet. 1799-1800) and Rebecca.
432. Daniel Turner is the son of Elisha Turner, Jr. and Mary Carroll. He was born Bet. 1731–1733 in Worcester County, Maryland. He died in Maryland, USA. Daniel Turner and an unknown spouse had a child, Sampson (b. 1759)
434. Zadoc Turner is the son of Elisha Turner Jr. and Mary Carroll. He was born on 23 Feb 1729 in Worcester County, Maryland. He died on 12 Oct 1819 in Hancock County, Georgia.
435. Sabra Hicks was born 1731.
Zadoc Turner and Sabra Hicks had 5 children: Mary (1763-1850), Philip, Henry, Joshua, and Zadoc.
Zadoc Turner and Mary Anna Blizzard [whose maternal line is said to also be TURNER] had 6 children: Thomas (d. 1862), Ester, Elizabeth, Sabra, Mary (d. 1850), and Ezekiah (d. 1846).
864. Elisha Turner, Jr. is the son of Elisha Turner and Elizabeth Hicks. He was born 1697 in Maryland, USA. He died in Maryland, USA.
865. Mary Carroll is the daughter of Thomas Carroll Jr. and Rebecca Fisher Walton.
Elisha Turner Jr. married Mary Carroll in Maryland, USA. They had 9 children: Levin, William, Thomas (b. 1720), Ebenezer (b. 1722), Elizabeth (b. 1724), Henrietta (b. 1726), John (b. 1727), Zadoc (1729-1819), and Daniel (b. bet. 1731-1733).
1728. Elisha Turner is the son of William Turner and Mary McLemore. He was born 1672 in Ireland. He died in Maryland, USA. Elisha Turner married Elizabeth Hicks in Maryland, USA. They had 8 children: Elisha, Jr. (b. 1697), Mary, William (d. 1764), Elizabeth, Henry, Ebenezer, John, and Philip (b. 1706).
3456. William Turner was born 1645 in Aberdeeneshire, Scotland. He died 1681 in Maryland, USA. William Turner married Mary McLemore in 1670. They had 7 children: Elisha (b. 1672), William, Mary, Ebenezer, John, Gertrude, and Thomas.