19 July 2010

I Write Like... (Saturday Night Genealogy Fun)

My work schedule is such that I am rarely on the computer when Randy Seaver of Geneamusings.com comes out with his weekly Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, but I just had to give the latest one a shot. And since I like the result, I'll share it with you. ;-)

The mission:
1) Find something that you have written that you are really proud of - the best of your work. Do an Edit > Copy of it.

2) Go to the website http://iwl.me/ and Paste your text into the waiting box.

3) Tell us which famous author you write like. Write it up in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog, or post it on Facebook. Insert the "badge of honor" in your blog if you can.
The latest post the took some research and time was actually written for my Rose Hill Cemetery blog. Since it was somewhat like a biographical sketch I decided it would do -- William Zeigler: the Man, His Vault, and His Woman Slave Mary.

The result:

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


From Wikipedia: "James Fenimore Cooper (September 15, 1789 – September 14, 1851) was a prolific and popular American writer of the early 19th century. He is best remembered as a novelist who wrote numerous sea-stories and the historical novels known as the Leatherstocking Tales, featuring frontiersman Natty Bumppo. Among his most famous works is the Romantic novel The Last of the Mohicans, often regarded as his masterpiece."

I am totally stopping there!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin