23 April 2010

3 Generations of Morris Leonard Yates

Morris Leonard Yates (1881-1946) was my 1st cousin, 3x removed in law. Upon his death, Morris was laid to rest in the Union Baptist Church Cemetery at Warthen, Washington County, Georgia.

Morris Leonard Yates, Jr. (1919-1971) was my 2nd cousin, 2x removed. Upon his death, this Morris was laid to rest in Balerma Cemetery at Sparta, Hancock County, Georgia.

Morris Leonard Yates, III (1950-2000) was my 3rd cousin, 1x removed. Upon his death, this Morris was laid to rest in the Deepstep Methodist Church Cemetery in Washington County, Georgia.

These three cemeteries are not all that far apart from each other. I know someone's final resting place is definitely a personal decision. Still, I can't help but think it's a shame the three Morris Leonard Yates' were not placed side by side by side for all eternity.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin