06 March 2010

New (to Me) Blogs to Follow - 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy #9

I'm a tad late in getting the post up for last week's challenge to pick five new blogs and read them every day. The post will be brief, but I still wanted to give a shout out to the five new-to-me blogs I'm now following:

last2cu ~ I found out about this blog when Ruth began posting about a sixty year search for tombstones from a family cemetery. I even pointed readers to it from my Southern Graves blog. For some reason that escapes me, the follow button did not get pushed until today. I will anxiously await her next update.

Documenting the Details ~ I love how Linda has been putting her ancestors in the context of history. Since this is something I strive to do a better job of, I'm sure I'll learn a lot by her great examples.

Cemetery Divas ~ I'm sure I don't have to explain why I picked this one. Blog about a cemetery, and I'm there!

Begin With 'Craft' ~ I've been wanting to find more blogs with ties to Georgia, and this one fits in nicely.

Our Georgia Roots ~ I've casually followed Luckie via twitter and such, but am not sure why I never actually subscribed to her blog. I fixed that today. She is a great writer who speaks her mind, and I expect to learn a lot about Georgia history and African-American genealogy and history from her.

Well, there you have it! Five new-to-me blogs that are now in my reader. I thank Amy for tossing out this challenge. I actually am following more than five new-to-me blogs based on the listings I found in other postings by geneabloggers that completed the task. I'm sure that was her plan all along.

5 comments:

Linda McCauley said...

Stephanie, Thanks so much for the kind words. I enjoy your blog.
Linda (Documenting the Details)

S. Lincecum said...

You are quite welcome, Linda!

Luckie said...

Thanks LL for the follow & show of support! I love making new genea_friends!:-)

Luckie.

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Reading 5 new blogs a day qould be quite a challenge for those of us who already folow so many!
Over the last few months I've been giving a lot of thought to how to balance out reading the work of others and creating my own content, not to mention everything associated with blogging (like watching out for sploggers).
I have a little rhythm going now where I focus one month on the Festival of Postcards and postcard-related stuff, and the other month on my own blog and genealogy/family hisotry related things.
Evelyn in Montreal

S. Lincecum said...

You are so right, Evelyn! I always feel like one or another of my blogs is being neglected since I cannot write for every one every day. Alternating sounds like a good idea. I might have to try it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin