18 February 2010

Digital Photo Organization, an Ahnentafel Report, & Surname Visualization (GB Games 2010)

Last night and today were very productive for my competition in the GB Games of 2010. I tagged, described, and organized seven more digital photos and added them to my genealogy master file. This work would go toward Task D in category 3 -- Organize Your Research. Though I already completed that task, I must keep going if I really want to organize my files.

Next, I added my profile to LinkedIn. This was an informal "Expand Your Knowledge" task for me. I really thought LinkedIn was more of a job-seeking site. It really is another place to network and make connections in a certain field of study. I chose to promote my interest in cemetery research.

My next task was getting my ahnentafel report online. It took me a little bit of time to get it formatted correctly, but it's now done. You may reach it by clicking on "Ahnentafel." The link is located at the top of any page on this blog, just below the header. Here is a direct link.

Since Blogger has added these page capabilities, I'm starting to think it would be a good idea to integrate one of my blogs (Southern Graves) into a domain I have -- www.southerngraves.net . The website has actually been neglected somewhat because I focus more on the blog. Maybe if I integrate the two, I'd be more apt to work on both.

I'm a little nervous about this, though. It seems easy enough to set up through Blogger, so I don't know why I'm skittish. Has anyone else done this? Is it as painless as it seems?

Anyway, back to the games. I also created a surname visualization with Wordle and posted it to my Surnames page.

Another thing I accomplished was getting started on my Surname Saturday posts. This is a blogging theme I've wanted to incorporate at LL, but was not taking the time to do so. Today, I pre-published three Surname Saturdays! I'm quite proud of that.

Finally, and this really has nothing to do with the games, I created a couple of graphic signatures to use at the end of my posts. This is something else I've been "meaning to do" for while. Check one out at the end.

So! Today I upgraded one of my bronze medals to a silver, and one of my silver medals to a gold. This brings my current medal count to 1 bronze, 2 silver, and 3 gold.

I next want to tackle the ancestor timeline. If I can work it out, I'd like to make it a female ancestor and get started on an entry for the March edition of the Carnival of Genealogy. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin