08 February 2010

Another Cousin Gone

I'm always a little sad when I am conducting research and find an obituary for a cousin that recently passed away. Especially since the Internet - email, facebook, twitter, etc,... I find myself thinking how it would have been nice to have met them. Even if "met" simply means an email or two.

On the other hand, I am thankful to find this obituary. Before reading it, I knew nothing but the name of this cousin. The clues found within the short article lead me to census records and more connections.

Velma Young (my 5th cousin, 3x removed in law) was born about 1920 to Eugene Henry Young and his wife Louise. She married James Woods Love in 1945, and they had at least one daughter. Velma died 21 June 2006 and was laid to rest at San Jose Burial Park in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.

I'm sorry we never met.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin