16 October 2009

Isaac & Elver Zumwalt

My death record focus is already starting to pay off. I have found information and sources for Isaac and Elver Zumwalt. The photo here is from their gravestone found at Nichols Cemetery in Ingram, Kerr County, Texas. Aren't they a cute couple? My thanks to Kelli Smythe who took the photos, posted them to FindAGrave, and gave me permission to post them here.


According to the gravestone, Elver was born 23 April 1891 and died 5 December 1980. Isaac was born 24 October 1886 and died 10 October 1965, a little more than 44 years ago. These death dates are further bolstered by the Social Security Death Index.

I also found Isaac's death certificate at Family-Search.org. From that, I gleaned several items: Isaac's full name was Isaac William Zumwalt. He was born 24 October 1886 in Lavaca County, Texas to William C. Zumwalt and Susan Miller. Before his death, Isaac was a rancher and resided in Ingram, Kerr County, Texas. He died at 8:50AM, 10 October 1965 at the Kerrville State Hospital in Kerr County, Texas. The cause of death was arteriosclerosis heart disease. Isaac was buried 12 October 1965 in Nichols Cemetery; Ingram, Kerr County, Texas. W. A. Plummer of the Plummer-Smith Funeral Home was the funeral director. Finally, the informant listed for all of the above was Kerrville State Hospital Records.

Well, I think that's a good start. All of the above information was found free of charge on the Internet. I think I found an obituary for Elver on NewspaperArchive. I will have to subscribe soon and review it. I've been wanting to give them a try, but was waiting for a search to provide likely fruitful results.

By the way, I am not directly related to Isaac and Elver. They are, however, part of a collateral line intertwined in my family history.

One final thing, I added to Isaac Zumwalt's page at Footnote.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin